Circle is building the modern community platform for every creator and brand in the world: think "Shopify for creator/brand-led communities". We make it really easy for creators and brands to bring their discussions, members, and content all into one place.
We're a cross-platform community product built for web and mobile, and we're looking for a Partnerships Manager who will play a key role on our acquisition marketing team, which is responsible for driving leads, awareness, and new customers for the business. You will be responsible for all partnerships here at Circle — with your main priority being helping Circle get more people creating communities on Circle. You’ll identify ideal partners, develop campaigns with them, allocate ad budget for paid partnerships, and report on results. You’ll also own Circle’s affiliate program.
This role is made for a marketer who loves to collaborate with creators and brands and put together deals where everyone wins. (Co-branded webinars, paid email newsletter sponsorships, affiliate program, joint ventures, etc.)You know how to identify the right partners and create campaigns that can meet business goals. You’re responsible for the entire partnerships channel, to acquire leads, and drive new trials and pipeline for our sales team.
This is a 100% remote role. We're now a fully remote team of 35 (and growing!) based in the U.S., Colombia, Portugal, India, Argentina, Slovenia, and other countries. We have a preference for candidates in U.S. and European timezones.
Check out our Careers page for more information about us.
- Develop a top-level plan and strategy for acquiring new leads and trials from partnerships with creators and brands. You’ll work with the head of growth to establish targets together.
- Identify a pipeline of potential partners and build those relationships. You’ll be doing regular outreach with creators and brands. You’ll learn about their goals. Look for opportunities to collaborate. At Circle, our customers are creators and brands themselves, so we already have many of these great relationships in place.
- Book campaigns and partnership with creators and brands each month. You’ll be consistently putting together collaborations and campaigns that help us hit our lead targets and drive opportunities for our sales team. These campaigns can be:
- Paid newsletter sponsorships
- Co-branded webinars to a partner’s audience
- Brining in speakers to our big virtual events and summits
- Getting our team booked on podcasts, web shows
- Paid placements where we sponsor podcasts, blogs articles, youtube channels
- Oversee Circle’s affiliate program. You’ll be responsible for growing the affiliate partner program at Circle. Our affiliate program pays affiliates a recurring commission for referring customers to Circle. It’s an incredibly valuable channel for Circle.
- Help guide our affiliates to earn more by promoting Circle. Hop on calls with our top affiliates. Give them ideas. Develop campaigns with them. In general, ensure that our affiliate partners feel supported and armed with the tools and resources they need to promote Circle to their audience.
- Grow the number of affiliates promoting Circle. We’ve just scratched the surface here. We already have hundreds of affiliates promoting Circle, but there’s so much more we can do. You’ll develop campaigns to help get more affiliates activated in the program.
- Partner with the rest of the marketing team, including demand generation, community, and product marketing. We’re a tight-knit, high impact team. We often run larger campaigns and events where partnerships play a key role. (Speakers at our virtual summits, creators teaching at our bootcamps, etc.)
- Report weekly on progress towards goals with the marketing leadership team. Each week we’ll review our progress, see how campaigns are tracking, look at metrics, make quick adjustments. You’ll own reporting on the entire partnerships and affiliates channel.
There are dozens of different types of collaborations. Often, we do a few of the above together in a single campaign. The key is that the campaign has to be a win for us *and* the partner.
Who we're looking for
- You likely have a marketing, sales, or business development background. But we’re open to all sorts of backgrounds and experiences. If you’re on the fence, reach out.
- Truly enjoy people. You’re excited to hop on a call and talk with creators and brands. You love figuring out how to help partners get the results they’re looking for. You can do discovery with them and listen.
- Excited to do outreach to potential partners and share ideas. A big part of each week will be spent reaching out to potential partners and pitching them on paid partnerships (where we sponsor them), unpaid partnerships and other collaborations.
- Well organized and an excellent project manager. A key part of your role will be coordinating campaigns with partners, getting aligned with partners, and developing ideas with these partners.
- Have a track-record of setting goals and targets and hitting them.
- Able to think very methodically about acquiring leads and customers — understanding funnels, conversion rates, tracking, etc.
- Comfortable in tools like google sheets, excel, Hubspot, Mixpanel — or at least able to learn quickly.
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining, please apply here!