Circle is building the modern community platform for every creator and brand in the world: think "Shopify for creator/brand-led communities". We make it really easy for creators and brands to bring their discussions, members, and content all into one place.
We're looking for a full-stack Lead Software Engineer (Rails/React) to join our Internal Tools team. At Circle, our Internal Tools team is responsible for building essential infrastructure and tooling for all internal use cases that enable our teams to help customers faster and more efficiently - this includes standing up and improving world-class open source systems as well as creating custom solutions when needed.
This is a 100% remote role. We're now a fully remote team of 88 (and growing!) based in the U.S., Colombia, Portugal, India, Argentina, Slovenia, and other countries. We have a preference for candidates in U.S. and European time zones.
Check out our Careers page for more information about us.
- Define and work on Circle’s internal tools focused roadmap
- Ship often and ship with care
- Improve the quality of our codebase and identify architectural deficiencies in your product area
- Engage in considerate, but robust, PR reviews with Circle's engineers
- Lead and mentor the internal tools engineering team
- Work closely with Circle's co-founders and designers throughout the feature spec + design process
Who we're looking for
- Significant experience working with Ruby on Rails and general familiarity with React
- Experience working with complex user interfaces and API design
- Strong judgement and attention to detail when it comes to architectural, product, design, and process decisions. Your judgement should inspire a high level of trust within the team.
- A desire to work in an environment which values speed of iteration and individual autonomy
- (Ideal) 1-2 years of experience working on internal tools and / or using tools like Retool
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining, please apply here!