Circle is building the modern community platform for every creator and brand in the world: think "Shopify for creator/brand-led communities". We make it really easy for creators and brands to bring their discussions, members, and content all into one place.
Circle is a product-led company, with thousands of paying customers. As our first demand generation leader on our marketing team, your mission is to help us earn our next 10,000 customers by acquiring more leads, driving demand for Circle's products — and generally helping more people hear about and use Circle.
This is a 100% remote role. We're a remote team of 35 based in the U.S., Canada, Czech Republic, India, New Zealand, Portugal, Slovenia, Colombia, Argentina and Macedonia. We have a preference for candidates in U.S. and European timezones. Check out our Careers page for more information about us.
About the role & what you'll do:
As the first demand gen hire here at Circle, this is a foundation role on our marketing team, reporting directly into Circle's co-founder.
We're building our demand gen function from the ground up. And we’re looking for an experienced team member to help identify new channels for acquiring leads and simultaneously expand on what's already working.
You'll experiment with new channels, develop campaigns and create digital events — anything to drive high quality leads and get Circle in front of our ideal buyer personas and segments.
Although you will be part of our marketing team, you’ll collaborate closely with our product, engineering, design, support, and leadership teams, playing a key role in the evolution of our product and business.
The key day-to-day responsibilities:
- Own a lead target: you'll develop the strategy and execute end-to-end campaigns to drive ongoing to leads into Circle's funnels.
- Define and execute the demand campaign strategy & objectives across our key target audiences, buyer needs and use cases.
- Identify new channels for acquiring leads (Including but not limited to partnerships, paid newsletters, affiliate program, influencer marketing, paid media, digital events, referrals, etc.)
- Optimize targeting, creative, media and budget allocation to maximize effectiveness and ROI. You'll measure, analyze, and report campaign performance and deliver weekly campaign performance briefs to marketing and company leadership.
- Develop larger, one-time campaigns (for instance, our virtual summits, online events, webinars) and ongoing evergreen campaigns to drive new leads and move those leads through the funnel.
- Develop an intimate understanding of the Circle customer journey, from our top-of-funnel, self-serve customer journey, to purchasing decision making dynamics, to retention and upsell.
- Partner closely with product marketing to ensure proper messaging, timing and execution of one-off and always-on marketing campaigns across email, the marketing site, and other communication channels.
- Partner closely with Sales to ensure that we're driving the right types of qualified leads
The ideal candidate for this role:
- An excellent communicator, especially as a writer.
- Skilled project manager and well organized — you're comfortable tracking performance across multiple experiments and reporting on a weekly cadence
- Experience identifying new channels and managing campaigns with lead targets.
- A successful track-record of hitting goals around lead gen and customer acquisition.
- Comfortable working with marketing automation and CRM tools (e.g. Hubspot.)
- Experience working across multiple marketing channels, and understanding how the messaging, formats, and funnels change depending on where we're talking to potential leads.
- Knowledge of SEO and content marketing
- You’ll become an expert of Circle’s product. You should have the willingness to get into the weeds and learn it all — complex flows, Single-Sign On, Zapier, APIs, CSS customization, custom domains and more!
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment, with product, marketing, sales teams. You have empathy for other teams.
How to apply
To apply, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short summary of your experience, any past work samples you see fit, and a note about why you're interested in this role.