Circle is building the modern community platform for every creator and brand in the world: think "Shopify for creator/brand-led communities". We make it really easy for creators and brands to bring their discussions, members, and content all into one place.
We have big dreams for where to take our platform, and we'd love to have you on this journey with us.
This is a 100% remote role. We're a remote team of 27 based in the U.S., Canada, Czech Republic, India, New Zealand, Portugal, Slovenia, Colombia, Argentina and Macedonia. We have a preference for candidates in U.S. and European timezones. Check out our Careers page for more information about us.
About the role & what you'll do:
As the first product marketing hire here at Circle, this is a foundation role on our marketing team, reporting into the co-founder & head of growth.
This is a highly cross functional role with significant influence across marketing, community, sales and product.
- Feature launches: Plan external go-to-market strategy, external marketing campaigns, and execution for new feature launches. You’ll develop these campaigns and manage them from end to end.
- Ownership of Circle’s marketing site positioning, content, and messaging.
- Develop website content, case studies, and other marketing materials that establish Circle as the go-to solution for creators and brands who are building online communities.
- Partner closely with Sales and Customer Success to refine our messaging & positioning and develop sales materials.
- Partner with our Community team to identify opportunities to improve activation in our product — especially in the first 30-60 days of the customer experience.
- Creating product tutorials, delivering educational webinars, participating in live online summits and events where we’ll educate about Circle.
- Be an expert on our market and the competitive landscape, training internal teams on competitive differentiation and serving as a strategic advisor to the rest of the company — especially product, marketing, sales and customer success.
- Product Adoption: When Circle rolls out new features, you’ll work closely with marketing, product, and our community team to drive adoption of these features — both directly after a new launch and to drive more adoption of already existing features.
- Conduct market, competitor, and segmentation research to inform our product, marketing, sales, and customer success strategies.
The ideal candidate for this role:
- An excellent communicator, especially as a writer.
- Skilled project manager — and knows how to keep multiple stakeholders aligned, and on track.
- Knowledge of SEO and content marketing
- You’ll become an expert of Circle’s product. You should have the willingness to get into the weeds and learn it all — complex flows, Single-Sign On, Zapier, APIs, CSS customization, custom domains and more!
- Ability to distill, simplify, and communicate product complexity in a way that is accessible and approachable to non-technical customers. This is where you put your marketing hat on :)
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment, with product, marketing, sales teams. You have empathy for other teams.
How to apply
To apply, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short summary of your experience, any past work samples you see fit, and a note about why you're interested in this role.