Circle is building the modern community platform for every creator and brand in the world: think "Shopify for creator/brand-led communities". We make it really easy for creators and brands to bring their discussions, members, and content all into one place.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Rails/React) to join our CMS engineering team. At Circle, our CMS team is responsible for the core user-facing areas of our product — including community discussions, courses, the Home feed, our automated weekly digests, search, and more. This is a high leverage role with the opportunity to make an immense amount of impact for thousands of Circle communities and millions of members.
This is a 100% remote role. We're now a fully remote team of 88 (and growing!) based in the U.S., Colombia, Portugal, India, Argentina, Slovenia, and other countries. We have a preference for candidates in U.S. and European time zones.
Check out our Careers page for more information about us.
As a CMS Engineer at Circle, you will:
- Work in our CMS team to build out the best content consumption and management experience for our communities.
- Improve the quality of our codebase, identify architectural deficiencies, and create achievable paths to solve/evolve them in payments-adjacent areas
- Engage in considerate, but robust, PR reviews with Circle's engineers
- Work closely with Circle's co-founders and designers throughout the feature spec + design process
Who we're looking for
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- Significant full-stack experience working with the React and Ruby on Rails stack
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch
- Strong judgment and attention to detail when it comes to architectural, product, design, and process decisions. Your judgement should inspire a high level of trust within the team.
- Great communication skills which empower async work across the team
- A desire to work in an environment that values speed of iteration and individual autonomy
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining, please apply here!