Circle is building the all-in-one community platform for creators and brands: think "Shopify for creator/brand-led communities". We make it really easy to bring your people, discussions, live streams, events and payments together — all in one place, all under your own brand.
In November 2021, Circle raised 25M series A to accelerate the way creators and brands interact with their customers, their partners, their community.
About the role
We're a cross-platform community product built for web and mobile, and we're looking for a Senior Front-end Engineer (React Native) to help take our product to the next level.
This is a 100% remote role. We have a preference for candidates in U.S. and European time zones.
- Work mainly in our greenfield React Native project, with a lot of freedom on the overall architecture and tech stack.
- Help build our mobile CI/CD pipeline.
- Work on a frontend web application written in React.js, Ruby on Rails and Tailwind, when needed.
- Improve the quality of our codebase, identify architectural deficiencies, and create achievable paths to solve/evolve them.
- Work closely with Circle's co-founders throughout the feature spec + design process.
- Work closely with our designers to design and develop a world-class user experience.
Who we’re looking for
- 5+ years of front-end experience designing and building high-volume, scalable SaaS applications from end-to-end. Strong proficiency in React and React Native, with Typescript and Java/Kotlin for Android are nice to have.
- Experience with unit tests and CI/CD for mobile applications.
- Experience leading/architecting complex user interfaces and API design.
- Strong judgment and attention to detail when it comes to architectural, product, design, and process decisions. Your judgement should inspire a high level of trust within the team.
- Multiple years of experience debugging complex issues; you can debug a mobile application problem all the way from the device, through the transport, to the application, servers, databases, and asynchronous queues.
- A desire to work in an environment that values speed of iteration and individual autonomy.
- Motivation to understand the business, our users, their requirements, and to deliver results.
- Passion for continued learning and a track record of picking up new technologies and skills as you ship high-quality code.
The fun stuff:
- Fully remote: work from anywhere in the world!
- Autonomy and trust to do your job: we care about outcomes over everything else.
- Competitive package:
- Generous compensation and startup equity no matter where you are in the world.
- Awesome medical coverage with 100% coverage for you and your family!*
- Home office stipend to help you get up and running.
- Company retreats: Twice a year, the Circle team gets together for a fully paid company retreat in incredible places around the world! We’ve had past retreats in Colombia and Portugal, and our planning our next one in Mexico.
- Check out our Careers page for more
Equal Employment Opportunity
Circle is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We are dedicated to growing a diverse team of highly talented individuals and creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their best and authentic selves to work.
If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, whether it be alternate forms of material, accessible meeting rooms, etc., please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining, please apply here!