Circle is building the modern community platform for every creator and brand in the world: think "Shopify for creator/brand-led communities". We make it really easy for creators and brands to bring their discussions, members, and content all into one place. Circle is a product-led company, with thousands of paying customers.
We’re looking for a Head of People to help drive a high performance culture, build a strong foundation in our global People and Talent functions, and play a key role in supporting the company as we scale. As the leader of the People function, you’ll report directly to the CEO, build the function from the ground up, and gradually scale a People team that supports Circle’s rapid growth over the coming years.
This is a 100% remote role. We're now a fully remote team of 65 (and growing!) based in the U.S., Colombia, Portugal, India, Argentina, Slovenia, and other countries. We have a preference for candidates in U.S. and European time zones.
Check out our Careers page for more information about us.
- Own and oversee the entire People function. You’ll be the first dedicated hire responsible for overseeing everything related to Talent Acquisition, People Operations, People Experiences, and Company Culture.
- Build a strong company culture aligned with Circle’s values — one in which our team members feel connected, engaged, and empowered to do their life’s best work. The outcomes here include the successful execution of ritualized team bonding activities, in-person offsites, async check-ins, and other avenues of developing a thriving and cohesive company culture.
- Build highly scalable people processes throughout the employee lifecycle, including overseeing recruiting, performance review systems, engagement surveys, onboarding / offboarding experiences, and more.
- Ensure that our employees are rewarded fairly / competitively and that they see a progression path for their future at Circle. Ideally, you’ll develop feedback loops with Circle’s functional leaders to assess this regularly.
- Hire and mentor a best-in-class People team. You’ll create a high performance culture that exudes energy, spirited competitiveness, a winning attitude, and agility that permeates the organization.
- Improve our employer branding to attract and retain high quality talent.
- Be a champion of Circle’s values, mission, and culture.
Who we're looking for
- 5+ years of people operations / HR-related experience at high growth startups, with a minimum of 3 years leading / developing a high performing team.
- Someone that is both execution focused and hands-on; you’re able to get in the weeds when needed, but also lead through others.
- Someone with a track record of successfully running a People function at a 50+ person remote startup. Remote and international is a huge plus!
- Experience in a high growth environment and building a talent acquisition strategy to scale. Big plus if you come from a talent acquisition background.
- Experience working in fast-paced environments, handling multiple tasks, and adapting to hiring priorities that change quickly.
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for the role, please click here. Thank you 🙏