Circle is building the modern community platform for every creator and brand in the world: think "Shopify for creator/brand-led communities". We make it really easy for creators and brands to bring their discussions, members, and content all into one place.
We're a cross-platform community product built for web and mobile, and we're looking for a Lead Front-end Engineer (React) to take our product to the next level.
This is a 100% remote role. We're a remote team of 27 based in the U.S., Czech Republic, Canada, India, New Zealand, Portugal, Slovenia, Colombia, Argentina and Macedonia. We have a preference for candidates in U.S. and European timezones. Check out our Careers page for more information about us.
As the Lead Front-end Engineer at Circle, you will:
- Work on a frontend architecture written in React.js, Ruby on Rails, Sass/CSS.
- Build critical features and improvements for our web app as the lead engineer.
- Improve the quality of our codebase, identify architectural deficiencies, and create achievable paths to solve/evolve them.
- Lead and mentor our front-end developers, participate in code reviews and act as a point of contact for architecture and cross-team initiatives.
- Work closely with Circle's co-founders throughout the feature spec + design process.
- Work closely with our designers to design and develop a world-class user experience.
Who we're looking for
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- 5+ years of full-stack experience designing and building high volume, scalable SaaS applications from end-to-end. Strong proficiency in React and SASS/CSS, with Typescript and Ruby on Rails being nice to haves.
- Experience leading/architecting complex user interfaces and API design.
- Strong judgement and an attention to detail when it comes to architectural, product, design, and process decisions. Your judgement should inspire a high level of trust within the team.
- Multiple years of experience debugging complex issues; you can debug a web application problem all the way from the browser, through the transport, to the application, servers, databases, and asynchronous queues.
- A desire to work in an environment which values speed of iteration and individual autonomy.
- Motivation to understand the business, our users, their requirements, and to deliver results.
- Passion for continued learning and a track record of picking up new technologies and skills as you ship high-quality code.
How to apply
To apply, please reach out to email@example.com with a short summary of your experience, any past work samples you see fit, and a note about why you're interested in this role.