Circle is building the modern community platform for every creator and brand in the world: think "Shopify for creator/brand-led communities". We make it really easy for creators and brands to bring their discussions, members, and content all into one place.
Our platform spans between asynchronous discussions and fully synchronous live experiences. We're looking for a full-stack Senior Software Engineer (Live) to join our live team at Circle to help build the future of Circle's live streaming roadmap.
You'll be primarily working in a full-stack environment with Ruby on Rails and React, while building on top of WebRTC/HLS APIs from external infrastructure providers. While experience with WebRTC/HLS is ideal, this is not a requirement for strong full-stack engineers with the willingness to learn.
This is a 100% remote role. We're now a fully remote team of 40 (and growing!) based in the U.S., Colombia, Portugal, India, Argentina, Slovenia, and other countries. We have a preference for candidates in U.S. and European timezones.
Check out our Careers page for more information about us.
As a Senior Software Engineer (Live) at Circle, you will:
- Work on executing Circle's roadmap for live experiences (streams, rooms, events, etc)
- Ship often and ship with care
- Improve the quality of our codebase and identify architectural deficiencies in your product area
- Engage in considerate, but robust, PR reviews with Circle's engineers
- Work closely with Circle's co-founders and designers throughout the feature spec + design process
Who we're looking for
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- Significant experience working with Ruby on Rails and general familiarity with React
- Experience working with complex user interfaces and API design
- Strong judgement and attention to detail when it comes to architectural, product, design, and process decisions. Your judgement should inspire a high level of trust within the team.
- A desire to work in an environment which values speed of iteration and individual autonomy
- (Ideal) 1-2 years of experience working on WebRTC-related technologies (i.e. Agora, Twilio, Daily.co, etc)
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining, please apply here!