Circle is building the modern community platform for every creator and brand in the world: think "Shopify for creator/brand-led communities". We make it really easy for creators and brands to bring their discussions, members, and content all into one place.
We're a cross-platform community product built for web and mobile, and we're looking for a Senior Front-end Engineer (React) to help take our product to the next level.
This is a 100% remote role. We're now a fully remote team of 40 (and growing!) based in the U.S., Colombia, Portugal, India, Argentina, Slovenia, and other countries. We have a preference for candidates in U.S. and European timezones.
Check out our Careers page for more information about us.
As a Senior Front-end Engineer at Circle, you will:
- Work on a frontend architecture written in React.js, Ruby on Rails, Tailwind.js.
- Build critical features and improvements for our web app.
- Improve the quality of our codebase, identify architectural deficiencies, and create achievable paths to solve/evolve them.
- Work closely with Circle's co-founders throughout the feature spec + design process.
- Work closely with our designers to design and develop a world-class user experience.
Who we're looking for
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- 5+ years of full-stack experience designing and building high volume, scalable SaaS applications from end-to-end. Strong proficiency in React and SASS/CSS, with Typescript and Ruby on Rails being nice to haves.
- Experience leading/architecting complex user interfaces and API design.
- Strong judgement and an attention to detail when it comes to architectural, product, design, and process decisions. Your judgement should inspire a high level of trust within the team.
- Multiple years of experience debugging complex issues; you can debug a web application problem all the way from the browser, through the transport, to the application, servers, databases, and asynchronous queues.
- A desire to work in an environment which values speed of iteration and individual autonomy.
- Motivation to understand the business, our users, their requirements, and to deliver results.
- Passion for continued learning and a track record of picking up new technologies and skills as you ship high-quality code.
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining, please apply here!