Circle is building the modern community platform for every creator and brand in the world: think "Shopify for creator/brand-led communities". We make it really easy for creators and brands to bring their discussions, members, and content all into one place.
Circle is a product-led company, with thousands of paying customers. As our first product marketing leader, your mission is to help us earn our next 10,000 customers.
This is a 100% remote role. We're a remote team of 27 based in the U.S., Canada, Czech Republic, India, New Zealand, Portugal, Slovenia, Colombia, Argentina and Macedonia. We have a preference for candidates in U.S. and European timezones. Check out our Careers page for more information about us.
About the role & what you'll do:
As the first product marketing hire here at Circle, this is a foundation role on our marketing team, reporting directly into Circle's co-founder.
We're building the product marketing function from the ground up, and we’re looking for an experienced person to write the playbook, establish processes and up-level our product marketing.
You’ll be responsible for core components of our go-to-market strategy, including running feature launches, product positioning and messaging; up-leveling our marketing site; competitive intelligence; and sales enablement.
Although you will be part of our marketing team, you’ll collaborate closely with our product, engineering, design, support, and leadership teams, playing a key role in the evolution of our product and business.
- Feature launches: Plan external go-to-market strategy, external marketing campaigns, and execution for new feature launches. You’ll develop these campaigns and manage them from end to end.
- Ownership of Circle’s marketing site positioning, content, and messaging.
- Develop website content, case studies, and other marketing materials that establish Circle as the go-to solution for creators and brands who are building online communities.
- Partner closely with Sales and Customer Success to refine our messaging & positioning and develop sales materials.
- Partner with our Community team to identify opportunities to improve activation in our product — especially in the first 30-60 days of the customer experience.
- Creating product tutorials, delivering educational webinars, participating in live online summits and events where we’ll educate about Circle.
- Be an expert on our market and the competitive landscape, training internal teams on competitive differentiation and serving as a strategic advisor to the rest of the company — especially product, marketing, sales and customer success.
- Product Adoption: When Circle rolls out new features, you’ll work closely with marketing, product, and our community team to drive adoption of these features — both directly after a new launch and to drive more adoption of already existing features.
- Conduct market, competitor, and segmentation research to inform our product, marketing, sales, and customer success strategies.
The ideal candidate for this role:
- An excellent communicator, especially as a writer.
- Skilled project manager — and knows how to keep multiple stakeholders aligned, and on track.
- Knowledge of SEO and content marketing
- You’ll become an expert of Circle’s product. You should have the willingness to get into the weeds and learn it all — complex flows, Single-Sign On, Zapier, APIs, CSS customization, custom domains and more!
- Ability to distill, simplify, and communicate product complexity in a way that is accessible and approachable to non-technical customers. This is where you put your marketing hat on :)
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment, with product, marketing, sales teams. You have empathy for other teams.
How to apply
To apply, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short summary of your experience, any past work samples you see fit, and a note about why you're interested in this role.