Circle is building the modern community platform for every creator and brand in the world: think "Shopify for creator/brand-led communities". We make it really easy for creators and brands to bring their discussions, members, and content all into one place.
We have big dreams for where to take our platform, and we'd love to have you on this journey with us.
Who we are
Circle's founders are ex-Teachable ($250m exit in March 2020) and ex-Gumroad — two notable creator platforms that have helped creators earn over $1 billion in aggregate. Sid and Andrew joined < $50k ARR at Teachable and helped scale it to $25m+ ARR.
- Sid Yadav (CEO) was Teachable's first designer, and then the VP of Product
- Rudy Santino was a designer at Teachable + Gumroad, and has consulted directly for 30+ top earning creators
- Andrew Guttormsen was Teachable's VP of Growth, responsible for Teachable's growth engine
We're now a fully remote team of 35 (and growing!) based in the U.S., Czech Republic, Canada, India, Argentina, Colombia, Slovenia, and Macedonia.
We've raised ~$5.5m from Notation Capital, Box Group, Jeff Morris Jr, Harry Stebbings, Todd Goldberg, Scott Belsky (CPO, Adobe), Jason Warner (CTO, Github), Dharmesh Shah (CTO Hubspot), and the founders or CEOs of Zapier, Superhuman, Teachable, Gumroad, ConvertKit, Morning Brew, Rent the Runway, and ProductHunt.
How we work
- We trust in autonomy We’re building a company in which team members set their own quality bar, take pride in their workmanship, and are trusted to do their life's best work without supervision.
- We see work as positive sum We believe that shipping software is a positive sum endeavor — there are no winners and losers at Circle. No bureaucracy and paper pushing. No interpersonal scorecards. We play together as a team, and we win as a team. We're working really hard to keep it that way.
- We believe this is a marathon, not a sprint Building a meaningful company that has a massive impact takes time. We plan to run to the last mile, and do it with great care for health and wellbeing. As important as work is to us, it isn't everything.
- We do our best to live by these values It's easy to say these words, and it's hard to live by them. We make it a real point to try!